The Leeds Model Company ('LMC' or 'Leeds') originated in 1912 with Rex Stedman. The company started with a range of die cast parts for signals, rolling stock and locomotives. LMC were best known for their large range of locomotives, from freelance to exhibition-class specimens, as well as coaches and wagons made from wood with applied paper lithography. Starting from the late 30's, coaches as well as wagons were made from bakelite.
In 1925 LMC merged with the Bristol Model Company. Rex Stedman left LMC in 1928 to found a new company under the name of R.F. Stedman & Co. He later purchased the LMC company, continuing to trade under the R.F. Stedman name. Stedman finally left in 1931, when the name reverted to Leeds Model Company. In 1953, Leeds Model Company became Ellemsee Accessories. The company survived until 1967.
These pages are dedicated the standard catalogue products of the Leeds Model Company, and show items from the collection of Peter Zwakhals and the collection of Hans van Dissel.